2020: A YEAR OF UPHEAVAL AND RESTRUCTURING, 2021: A YEAR FOR TRANSFORMING OUR OFFER
The year 2020 saw a very steep downturn in the markets that had been the motor driving our growth for nearly 25 years.
We have had to adapt with our savings plan by cutting our costs:
• external expenses (-€3.8 million),
• purchasing (-€18.4 million),
• personnel costs (-€28 million).
We have thus been able to close this year 2020 with a profitable second half regarding all our interim operating results:
• operating income,
• pre-tax income,
• net income.
Thanks to our engineering DNA we have consolidated our positions as international leaders in: engineering for business aviation (structure and furnishings),
• thermoplastic inspection doors for composite wings (engineering and manufacture),
• large research simulators for the automotive industry,
• training simulators for railway transport,
• simulation software for the automotive and defence sectors,
• countermine vehicles.
We are approaching 2021 with revised priorities for a SOGECLAIR that is:
• more premium and less capacity-based,
• more attractive for our customers and staff,
• more agile and efficient.
We are therefore implementing a transformation plan to bounce back stronger and better performing.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER